Calling all coffee lovers! This all natural coffee body scrub is for you! I’m seriously obsessed with it because it’s rich smell of coffee stimulates the senses and satisfies my coffee cravings. Joe is an incredibly rejuvenating coffee scrub based on Toronto, Ontario (haaaaay!). Joe is passionately made with fair trade organic coffee grinds and organic cacao (my fave kind of chocolate) both of which will stimulate and increase blood circulation, release toxins and tighten and tone the skin. How could you not want all of these benefits from a body scrub! Plus, did I already mention it smells amazing?!
Joe is also formulated with Himalayan pink salt and brown sugar which aid in the exfoliating and help the coffee grinds buff away dead skin cells! And then there’s all the oils: coconut, grapeseed, almond and jasmine. All of these oils work perfectly together to hydrate and firm the skin, protect you against UV rays and lift your mood!
Why I love Joe:
- They don’t use any harsh toxic chemicals (including parabens, synthetic colors or fragrances)
- Joe is cruelty-free which is a huge plus for my animal friends 😉
- All ingredients are 100% natural and score a 0 on EWG’s Skin Deep Database
- It’s non-abraisive so you can use it everytime you shower
- It leaves your skin smelling and looking amazing!
Fair Trade Organic Coffee
Himalayan Pink Salt
Organic Coconut Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
With all these benefits, how can you say no to trying this incredible scrub??
I was actually amazed when I opened the packaging, it were as if someone had brewed a pot of coffee in my bathroom (trust me, I was searching for a nice mug!) the smell just eminates from the little golden bag. The texture is much like what you would expect, similar to brewed coffee grinds from a coffee maker, except instead of just coffee you’ve got all these other fantastic ingredients too! Coffee is definiately the overpowering and yummy scent (can’t smell any coconut or other scents) which I loved. The more coffee, the better!
The scrub is quite nice, it’s not compact or hard to use. It’s very gentle on the skin but you can immediately feel the exfoliating power from the salt, coffee and brown sugar. They suggest you leave it on for 5-10 minutes after you’ve scrubbed to let it set and allow your body to absorb the goodness, I must say I did notice a difference when I left it on as opposed to washing it right off after scrubbing. It does leave quite the color in your water (hello swampy coffee water lol) but it doesn’t stain and shouldn’t clog your drains.
You’ll find your skin feels incredibly soft, moisturized and dewy after you wash it away and dry off. I almost don’t need a moisturizer afterwards (except I’m obsessed with my Cara’s Measha Body Butter so I do moisturize), but the coconut and almond oil are amazing natural ingredients that are fantastic for locking moisture into the skin.
Over all – I was VERY impressed. I want to buy a life time supply now!
If you want to know more or purchase a package of golden rich coffee scrub for yourself, click here!
Joe is hosting a giveaway on IG that I highly suggest checking out!
1. FOLLOW @joeSCRUB on Instagram
2. LIKE the ‘I Love (blue heart) Giveaways’ post
3. POST an original picture (past or present) of yourself in “scrubber’s paradise.” What does that mean? Whatever you want it to mean! Use your imagination – beautiful beaches, waterfalls, boats and bathtubs (& more!) are all in play.
4. TAG @joeSCRUB in the picture
5. HASHTAG #joeSCRUB and #giveaway
6. INCREASE YOUR ODDS (OPTIONAL) by tagging real friends (maximum of 5) in the comment section (Warning: celebrity, giveaway host or fake account tagging will disqualify you from the giveaway)
7. SUBMIT by July 1st, 5pm EST – private accounts must be made public during the giveaway to qualify
Fake or Giveaway-Only accounts will also be disqualified. The lucky winner’s photo will be posted on @joeSCRUB’s Instagram account on July 1st. The 150g bag will be free of charge with free shipping as well.
Have you tried Joe Scrub? What were your thoughts? Know of any other good coffee scrub out there?
*while this product was gifted to me all opinions and reviews expressed above are my own! I even used up the packet so fast I forgot to take a photo of the scrub so some photos above are courtesy of Joe <3