I just love this cake! It’s so rich and delicious and filled with goodness. When I was creating this recipe I had remember there was a baked sweet potato still sitting in the fridge, all lonely and sad.. So I thought I’d put it to good use and make a sweet treat. I’ve used sweet potato in a few recipes before including Bunners sweet potato and cranberry muffins and Deliciously Ella’s sweet potato brownies.
My intention was to create some kind of raw dessert with dates and the sweet potato as the base but there’s just something so comforting about warm desserts and treats. This is quite a dense and moist cake too so just a little slice will do. It pairs really well with my coconut whipped cream and a drizzle of maple syrup!
10 Pitted Medjooled Dates
1 Baked Sweet Potato
4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup Pecans
1/2 Cup Buckwheat Flour
3 Heaped Tbsp Cacao Powder
For the Cake
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Add everything to a food processor or high speed blender and mix until a smooth texture is obtained. Scoop out into a lined baking tray and place in oven for about 15-20 minutes. When done remove from oven and let cool for at least 5-10 minutes.
- 10 Pitted Medjooled Dates
- 1 Baked Sweet Potato
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 3 Heaped Tbsp Cacao Powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add everything to a food processor or high speed blender and mix until a smooth texture is obtained.
- Scoop out into a lined baking tray and place in oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- When done remove from oven and let cool for at least 5-10 minutes.
- This pair really well with some coconut whipped cream & maple syrup!