I feel like it’s been forever since I posted a salad recipe! or even a salad photo on social media. I tend to make them up really quick and not ‘photogenic’ so I end up devouring the whole thing before I can even think about posting it! I guess that’s a good thing. My salads are so good they don’t have time to be photographed haha.
Ok but seriously. I was really craving my candied pecans, which are just so so good (and vegan-GF) so I made up a big batch of them and decided to add them to the salad I was making for dinner. It’s actually really simple, basically 4 ingredients and the flavors pair so well together. The pecans are sweet but savory, the cranberries and simply sweet and the feta (I always use goat or sheep milk feta) adds more salty savory-ness. It’s a perfect salad for sweet and savory lovers!
- 1 Small Package of Baby Romaine (or any lettuce you prefer)
- Handful of Candied Pecans
- Handful of Dried Cranberries
- Handful of Crumbled Feta
- Wash and dry your lettuce and put into salad bowl.
- Top with candied pecans, dried cranberries and feta.
- Dress with your favourite salad dressing (I used my maple balsamic recipe!).