I really do love granola. But I don’t make it nearly enough! I was recently inspired to get back in the kitchen after watching and reading a bunch of health and wellness info that reminded me of the importance of homemade foods. I know you can easily go to the supermarket and grab a nice box of seemly healthy granola but if you truely inspect the nutritional label and ingredients list you’ll probably find something listed on there that you don’t carry at home in your pantry.
Homemade granola is probably one of the easiest and most delicious snacks you can make make in about 10minutes. This recipe is a nice flavourful mix of oats, nuts and seeds with the cashews being nicely crunchy and yet still soft and creamy. The vanilla and cinnamon as main flavours just enhance the ingredients and bring everything together really nicely. Enjoy!
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 buckwheat groats
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder (or 1 tbsp spoon vanilla extract)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl. Mix together.
- Add your wet ingredients (coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract) and mix all together.
- Pour the mixture onto your baking sheet and press down so everything is nice and flat.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 5-10minutes and then serve with a smoothie bowl, some yogurt, in a cereal bowl or on its own!