I haaaaave to start by telling you guys that these were a huuuuuuge hit in my house and serrriously kept us full all morning! They’re such an amazing breakfast alternative and you can make them in batches for the week so they’re the ultimate healthy-on-the-go breakfast!
I’m not going to lie tho… I ate them at all time during the day, for snacks and as a boost before or after dinner! They’re packed with superfoods and super ingredients so there’s no harm in eating a few 😉 I decided to whip these up one day after reading my all-informing book The Natural Pregnancy Book and discovering that an increase in fibre rich foods is always a good thing when your pregnant. Of course, it’s good all-round – just ask our resident colon-expert Amanda from Keeping Regular!
So where’s this recipe I speak of? Riiiiight here!
This recipe should yield about 12 hearty muffins!
- 2 Cups Fiber Rich Porridge (I used Bobs' Red Mill)
- 1 Cup Oats
- 3/4 Cup Apple Sauce
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Butter*
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla**
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Add all of your dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir together
- Mash your banana
- In a small sauce pan on low heat, add your coconut oil, coconut butter and mashed banana
- Mix together until the coconut oil and butter have melted nicely
- Remove from heat and pour onto dry mix
- Add the rest of your wet ingredients and mix together
- Grease your muffin tray with coconut oil (or use non-toxic liners)
- Pour your mix into the muffin tray and pop in the oven
- Bake for aprox. 15 minutes or until the tops look golden brown
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes
- Enjoy right away or store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week!
- * Feel free to omit the coconut butter if you don't have it
- ** I use vanilla bean powder but a high quality vanilla extract is fine too