This dreamy 3 ingredient recipe is soooo soo easy to make and takes like 10 minutes of your time! It’s a much healthier version of traditional jam and you’ll be adding a bunch more fibre (via chia seeds) which you all know I’ve become obsessed with. I’ve actually loved chia jam for a while now but I’ve always just stuck to my raspberry recipe (or my fruity chia jam recipe made with stone fruits) both of which I made sometime ago. To be honest, I think you can make chia jam with any kind of berry or fruit! It’s great because the chia seeds act like a binder and turn a bit jelly so there’s no need to add any extra yucky ingredients like gelatin or loads of sugar!
I picked up these tasty (organic) strawberries at my local farmers market and after enjoying so many for breakfast decided I’d use up the remaining batch for this recipe. It’s a great jam to add to oatmeal or parfaits or even to spread of toast. Beware though, you’ll eat it up faster than you think because it really is that good!
- 1 Pint Fresh (Organic) Strawberries
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- Wash and finely chop your strawberries, removing the stems
- Add all ingredients to a small pot
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to low and continuously stir until nicely bubbling and the consistency turns to 'jelly'
- Remove from heat and cover, let stand for about 3-5 minutes
- Add to your favourite glass jar for storing or enjoy right away!
- Stores in fridge for up to 5 days or about 1 month in freezer.