So.. I keep saying I’m back and then I disappear again. I apologize.. I’ve been enjoying more of the life part of this work-life balance. Also, its been incredibly difficult to produce new recipes and creations when your kitchen is a mess… So, I’m back again at least for this post because I just just have to share it!
I got inspired after watching Jillian Harris’ instagram story where someone had delivered a hazelnut blend coffee creamer, fully vegan and dairy free for her coffee. Since she didn’t make it and they didn’t send the recipe I didn’t know how to copy it. I was also incredibly lazy to google or pinterest a recipe so I kept trying my own versions and I’m pleased to say I’ve got it down pat. I just know your going to love this one. I’ve started back on the #dairyfree train because I want to reduce any inflammation it may be causing on my digestion. Pregnancy seems to make all of your digestion issues disappear, which is awesome but since your pregnant for so long once you have the baby its hard to give up all that good food you were eating. Ya see my dilemma? Plus, cheese.. need I say more. It was the most difficult thing to give up when I went vegan a while back and its my Achilles heel once again.
Plus when your kitchen is a mess it’s so easy just to eat whatever is convenient and quick.. you may remember a while back (about 3 months ago) I mentioned a kitchen reno in the works.. well we’re still going strong on that although its mostly done. We’re just working on the finishing touches now, backsplash, trim and lighting and then those little decor items. I’ll get a post together of the full reno once it’s complete.. haha maybe next year!
Now, onto the creamer recipe! I hope you all enjoy 🙂
- 2 Cups Hazelnuts
- 5 Cups Filtered Water
- 4 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- *Cheese Cloth or Nut Milk Bag for straining
- Boil a kettle full of water
- Add raw hazelnuts to a large bowl
- Pour hazelnuts into bowl and add boiling water
- Let sit for at least 2 hours
- Drain hazelnuts and rinse clean
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender
- Pour in your filtered water and blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes
- Once nicely blended set aside
- Open your cheese cloth/milk bag over a large bowl
- Grab your blender jar and pour nut milk into the cheese cloth/milk bag
- Once the cloth/bag is full, close it and squeeze out the milk
- When you've drained all the milk from the blender jar and the milk bag transfer the cream to an air tight mason jar and chill in fridge
- Store in fridge for 4-5 days