Refreshing Watermelon Slushie
I made these almost everyday last summer when I was pregnant because it was hella hot and I wanted a fun beverage for outdoors while everyone else was sippin’ on coolers and sparkling wine. I have to say, I got so many other people hooked on this slushie bev that they were making it at home all summer too!
Watermelon is incredibly refreshing and hydrating as it’s made of 80% water. It’s one of the best fruits to contain lycopene which is an incredible natural anti-inflammatory nutrient. It doesn’t have a strong taste either and it’s insanely low in calories! Mix it up with some mint and ice and you’ve got yourself the easiest, tastiest beverage anyone can enjoy outdoors (or indoors!) and if you really want to adult it up, add some vodka or rum.
- 1/4 Watermelon
- 1 Lime
- Handful of Fresh Mint
- 3 Cups of Ice
- 1-2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Plug in your high speed blender and grab your largest blender jar.
- Remove the watermelon flesh from the skin and dice up into large cubes.
- Add to blender with mint leaves.
- Juice your lime into the blender and add ice.
- Blend until you get a creamy slushie consistency.
- Pour into your favourite cup and enjoy!
- This makes a wonderful cocktail, simply add your favourite vodka or rum (and drink responsibly).